Every year I think I am going to "scale back", but I just can't help but get a bit carried away when it comes to planning decorations/food according to the theme we selected. I blame Pinterest! In any case, I thought everything turned out fabulously. Troy so graciously got the ladder out 2 or 3 times to hang things for me that I forgot about the first or second time, and my mom was a huge help with the food prep and baking. She did an awesome job on moon cake I wanted as well!
Once Ethan's friends and family showed up for the party, he had a great time playing... and eating! We were so fortunate that the weather was absolutely perfect, and Ethan took a nice long nap so he was rested, happy and ready to play. His party guests included Olivia, Amelia, Micah, TJ, Ian, Elby and Bennett. We were also thankful to have Gabby & Peepaw, Grandma & Grandpa Matus, and Aunt Lynette. I know our little birthday boy felt incredibly special that so many joined us to celebrate his big day! (Troy & I did as well!)
Ethan's favorite space snack was the Alien pops I made! Every time he
walked through the kitchen, he helped himself to one... I'm pretty sure
he had at least 6 or 7!
Ethan and his sweet friend, Olivia!
Ethan and Miss Amelia
Ethan and his buddy TJ from school
Friends and family enjoying some food and the beautiful weather!
Olivia, TJ, Ian, Micah and Bennett playing with all of Ethan's fun toys :)
All the kids had fun playing "Ring Around the Rosy" in the bounce house with Ms. Toni!
After some food and a lot of playing, we sang Happy Birthday to Ethan and devoured that Chocolate Nutella moon cake! Ethan had trouble smiling for our pictures... and blowing out his candles because he had a "really chewing" Starburst in his mouth. Apparently he was grabbing them from the jar and taking them to various party guests, requesting they open it for him. So in addition to the 7 or so Alien Pops, he also enjoyed about that many Starbursts. Needless to say, he didn't have much interest in the cake/cupcakes aside from blowing out the candles :) Once the party died down a little, he opened a few of his gifts and enjoyed some quality family time. It was a perfect day!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ETHAN!
Now that his party is over, he tells us frequently that it isn't his birthday anymore. And he wants to know why the guys came and took HIS bounce house away :) I know how he feels... it stinks when your birthday passes and you have to wait 365 more days until the next one! I think he has enough memories (and toys) to last him that long though!

No comments:
Post a Comment