Family 2015

Family 2015

Saturday, November 2, 2013

August...

Seems funny posting about August in November... I knew I hadn't posted anything in a while, but WOW, when I realized it had been since July... it hit me how busy we have been!  Things will be slowing down for me a bit at work and I hope to have time now (at least for the next few months) to catch up and stay current on what we are up to around here.

So, going all the way back to AUGUST:
Troy took a vacation day for his birthday and were planning to go to the zoo, but it turned out to be a really yucky day with lots of rain, so we ended up at the Austin Children's Museum.  Yes, this probably seems strange since it was Troy's birthday and not Ethan's, but Troy and I celebrated the weekend before at Top Golf which was a blast.  So, since his birthday was on a day I was home with Ethan anyways, we just made it a super fun family day :)

The Austin Children's Museum has since closed as they are building a new and improved facility which we definitely plan to check it.  You could tell this place was old, but it was absolutely enriching and educational, and provided hours of fun for all of us.  I have just a couple of pictures of a little ramp thing, where you build something with wheels out of tinker toy type things and then test on the ramp at different angles.  That was fun!  Then there was a little work shop with various nuts and bolts and a vacuum tube (like the bank) where you can send the bolts up to the "workers" and then they match the shapes/colors to the holes (like a shape sorter) and they fall down to the first floor!  Ethan's favorite thing there was sending lots and lots of nuts/bolts up the pipe!  A close second would be the ball room which I don't have any pictures of... but it was full of different ramps, roller coasters, buckets, etc for golf balls to roll on and bounce into.  A true way to test physics, and an easy way to get knocked in the head with a golf ball if you aren't paying attention (hence no pictures!)

 Tinker Toy Ramp

 Help from Dad!

 Busy "working"

 Playing in a honeycomb :)

Then, my step-sister, Amber was married at the end of August so we of course went to that.  Ethan was so good and almost made it through the entire ceremony.  He had fun at the reception playing with my Aunt Sherrie's phone, hanging out with Pop, climbing up and down the staircase, and trying to figure out how to get to the DJ's disco ball.  He was certainly a handsome little fellow in his new suit!!!

 Ethan & Pop
 This is the best pic we could get of our family... someone was very squirmy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment